Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde visited the blasts site at Hyderabad's busy Dilsukh Nagar area on Friday morning along with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and other senior officials.
Almost 18 months after the twin bomb blasts rocked the city and 43 people died in the biggest ever terror attack on the city of Hyderabad, the investigators have found a dump where the terrorist had hidden the left over material after making the explosive devices.
A Maharashtra ATS team, involved in Pune explosion probe, is in the Andhra Pradesh capital to coordinate with investigators probing the Hyderabad twin blasts, which is suspected to be the handiwork of Indian Mujahideen.
The Hyderabad task force police on Sunday arrested 14 people from Bangladesh, suspected to be Inter Services Intelligence agents, at the Secunderabad railway station.
Telangana came to a standstill for a minute on Tuesday for mass singing of the national anthem as part of the celebration of 75 years of independence.
The Muslims in the Old City of Hyderabad would be reminded of the police action against them following the Mecca Masjid and twin blasts. However, this time around, they say that the police have not jumped the gun and would look to investigate this matter in a free and fair manner.
BCCI and Cricket Australia officials reviewed the security arrangements in Hyderabad and met the city's police commissioner ahead of the second cricket Test between India and Australia, scheduled to be held from March 2-5.
Ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's visit to Hyderabad on Tueday, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi and Telangana Joint Action Committee leaders launched a stir over the Telangana statehood demand.
The woman broke a glass bottle and slit throats of her two daughters, Ashvitha, 8, and Tavishka, 3, on Wednesday night at her residence.
A major lead that has emerged in Thursday's Hyderabad twin blasts investigations -- in which 16 people were killed and 114 injured -- is that the plan to attack the Sai Baba temple at Dilsuknagar was changed at the last minute.
An army man was on Monday taken into custody by the Neredmet police in Hyderabad for allegedly trying to abduct and misbehave with a 19-year-old girl student, police said.
The details of the torture and humiliation endured by the 21 Muslim youths, who were detained after the twin blasts in Hyderabad last year, are finally coming out of the closet.
Acting on a tip-off, the commissioner's special investigation cell arrested the accused on Friday near Secunderabad railway station while moving under suspicious circumstances with a travel bag.
P Ramya, who met with the accident while she was returning from school, had slipped into a coma.
Hyderabad was on Friday night put on a high terror alert following intelligence reports warning four suspected suicide bombers entered the city and could carry out subversive activities in near future.
As the three-hour-long relaxation in curfew in Hyderabad passed off peacefully on Sunday, police commissioner A K Khan was seen playing cricket on a deserted road near the Charminar. After visiting the affected areas during the curfew relaxation period on Sunday morning, Khan found a group of journalists playing cricket.
The Hyderabad city police has arrested Mohammed Abdul Majid, brother of city bomb blasts mastermind and Harkat-ul-Jehadi Islami south India chief Shahid alias Bilal, and his childhood friend Mohammed Shakeel, on charges of criminal conspiracy.
The attack took place after the BJP MP was heard in a video targeting the state's ruling party by making alleged disparaging remarks against Kavitha, also a ruling party MLC.
The development comes days ahead of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to the state to inaugurate various projects.
A top police source told PTI that the landline phone in the boy's house was not functioning since the last two weeks, which could be the reason why no ransom call was received.
Two pilots and a civilian were killed after a naval aircraft crashed on a nearby residential building near Begumpet airport during an air show in Hyderabad on Wednesday morning, city police said.
The Hyderabad City police arrested a Bangladeshi youth Rizwan Ghazi for illegally staying in the city.
Rescue efforts were hampered on Monday due to increased discharge of water in Beas river following widespread rains as no headway was made in tracing the missing 16 students and a guide who were swept away by the gushing waters.
The Bachchan family offered a chadar and conducted special prayers at the dargah.
Tension prevailed in parts of Hyderabad on Saturday following fresh attacks by students and Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) activists in their demand of separate statehood of Telengana.
The police launched a massive search operation across Hyderabad following four bomb threat calls on Tuesday morning.
The special investigation team of the Hyderabad police is close to exposing the conspiracy behind the outbreak of communal violence in the city last Saturday. According to reliable sources they have found evidence of involvement of outsiders, specially from Karnataka and Maharashtra in the violence.
In its application, the investigating agency stated that the accused need to be taken to Maharashtra and Rajasthan and it also wanted to question them on the possibility of recovering more explosives.
Bodies of four students from a Andhra-based engineering college, who were among their 24 classmates washed away in Beas river in Himachal Pradesh, will be flown to Hyderabad by Monday night, Telangana Director General of Police Anurag Sharma said.
'The Centre prevaricates on the question of effecting a change of state-level leadership or on the imposition of President's rule in the state.'
Curfew has been imposed in Shalibanda, Moghualpura, Bhawani Nagar, Chatrainaka, Meerchowk, Rein Bazar, Dabirpura and Gowlipura police station areas.
Three persons who allegedly tried to 'poach' four TRS legislators have been arrested and a local court in Hyderabad has remanded them to judicial custody.
The state government had ordered the CBI probe into the bomb blast in the mosque on May 18.
The entire operation was meant to have a chilling effect on independent journalists, those not completely subservient to the regime, the small section still doing what the Fourth Estate should do -- raising questions to those in power.
Banned militant outfit Indian Mujahideen's name has cropped up in the preliminary investigation into the twin blasts in Hyderabad in which the toll climbed to 16 on Friday.
Local Deputy Superintendent of Police Ramana Murthy maintained that since the lockdown was in force and the inter-state borders have been sealed, no vehicle or person could be allowed into the state.
The court converted Naidu's four-week interim medical bail in this case into absolute bail and ordered the former chief minister's release on regular bail, considering his age, old age-related ailments, non-flight risk and other reasons.
Panic and tension gripped parts of Hyderabad when a suspected terrorist opened fire injuring two policemen in the old city area on Wednesday.